Effective date: 1st day of May 2021
WAHNI.COM, owned and operated by Wahni Green Technologies Private Limited is:
1. a business portal providing general information about our organisation and activities;
2. an e-commerce platform facilitating B2B and B2C transaction of our products and services; and
3. an internet forum (ask.wahni.com) promoting, green technologies, energy conservation and renewable energy use cases.
(hereinafter referred to as the "Site").
Wahni Green Technologies Private Limited (herein referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) is the Site’s data controller and can be contacted at
Email: email@example.comPhone: +91 8047111555Address: Wahni Green Technologies Pvt Ltd, X/194-B - Vikas Trust Rural Industrial Park,Snehatheeram, Ravi Nagar Road, Thalikulam P.O, Thrissur, Kerala - 680569, India
Purpose of this Document
1. The personal data we will collect;
2. Use of collected data;
3. Who has access to the data collected;
4. The rights of Site users; and
Legal and Regulatory Compliance
For users in India, we adhere to the data protection regulations as enshrined in the Information Technology Act, 2000 and additionally, Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (the “IT Act and Rules”).
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer but we do have a Grievance Officer to address complaints relating to the processing of your personal information and to respond to data access and correction requests in an expeditious manner.
Consent of the User
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing, which we completed before you withdraw your consent, unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by emailing the Grievance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users only when we have a legal basis for doing so.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users:
1. Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third party to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are to maintain network and information security and prevent identity thefts, phishing, chargeback fraud and clean fraud; and
3. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a sale or service contract or for the performance of a sale or service contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the necessary personal data then we may not entertain such user’s request for any of our products and/or services
Collection of Personal Data
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
1. IP address;
3. Hardware and software details;
4. Clicked links; and
5. Content viewed.
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect your following data (including but not limited to) when you create a user account or submit a form or post a comment on our Site:
1. First and last name
3. Email address
4. Phone number
5. Postal Address
6. Payment and billing information
7. Information you post on the Site
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
1. To provide, support and improve our services;
2. To optimize and personalize our service, Site content and advertisements; and
3. To create aggregated and anonymized statistics about our Customers.
The data we collect when the user fills and submit the various Site forms for sales contact, customer feedback, account signup, order and payment etc may be used for, including but not limited to:
1. carrying out user communications (such as emails, notifications, SMS, system alerts etc);
2. personalizing advertisements, site contents and customer services;
3. tracking product sales and user engagements;
4. facilitating invoice payments and refunds/chargebacks;
5. fulfilling seller/service provider obligations; and
6. meeting legal requirements and regulatory compliances.
Who We Share Personal Data With
Third Parties: We may share user data with the following third parties:
|1||Banks and Payment Processing Platforms||Name and Contact details; Payment information||to enable payment transactions|
|2||Product/Service Suppliers||Name and Contact details; Billing information||to process the product/service order|
|3||Delivery Partners||Name and Contact detail||to deliver or return the ordered products|
|4||Google Analytics||Data Collected Automatically||to track user engagements on the Site|
|5||Advertising Agencies or Networks||Email ID; Data Collected Automatically||to personalize your advertisements|
Third parties will not be able to access user data beyond what is reasonably necessary to achieve the given purpose.
Other Disclosures: We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
1. If the law requires it;
2. If it is required for any legal proceeding;
3. To prove or protect our legal rights; and
4. To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored for six years from the date of deletion of the user account.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use industry-standard encryption and store your data on servers in secure facilities. The data we store is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee's termination.
Our payment gateway and payment processors are compliant with the payment card industry standard (generally referred to as PCI compliant service providers). You are advised not to send your full credit/debit card details through any unencrypted electronic platforms or mediums.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a username and password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping these details confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
As a user of the Site the IT Act and Rules grants you the right against improper disclosure of your personal information and we have implemented strict physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to try to prevent unauthorised access of your personal data.
Legal Age to Use the Site
The minimum age to use our website is 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our Grievance Officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the law of the land, please contact our Grievance Officer at the address last written below.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user's hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user's browsing habits. You can choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
1. Functional cookies: Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
2. Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example, data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc;
3. Targeting cookies: Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalise the information you see on our Site for you; and
4. Third-Party Cookies: Third-party cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies for purposes such as tracking Site traffic, facilitating secure financial transactions etc.
If you choose to visit the site, your visit and any dispute over privacy are subject to this policy and the Site's Terms and Conditions. In addition to the foregoing, any disputes arising under this policy shall be governed by the laws of India.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority (such as your nearest cybercrime cell or local police station).
In accordance with the IT Act and Rules made and applicable thereunder, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below.
Attn: Grievance OfficerWahni Green Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,X/194-B - Vikas Trust Rural Industrial Park,Snehatheeram, Ravi Nagar Road,Thalikulam P.O., Thrissur,Kerala - 680569, IndiaEmail ID: email@example.comMobile Number: +91 8047111555